Dentists face many considerations when treating patients and prescribing medication. This ADA quick reference, created by a team of dentists, pharmacists, scientists, and experts in pharmacology, serves as a clinical educational resource to deliver concise and accurate information about prescribed medications used in dentistry.
ADA Dental Drug Handbook: A Quick Reference, Second Edition has been revised to include the latest, most up-to-date information to assist in treating patients. This handbook presents information on commonly encountered drugs in the dental office in an easy-to-follow format, making it a go-to drug reference for dental professionals at every stage of their career, from practicing dentists to dental students.
Topics included in this dental drug handbook:
- Drugs used in dentistry, such as analgesics, antifungals, antivirals, anxiolytics, fluorides, local anesthetics and corticosteroids
- Smoking cessation, salivary management and oral lesion treatments
- OTC products with the ADA Seal of Acceptance
- ADA resources on procedures such as general anesthesia, antibiotic prophylaxis and medication-related osteonecrosis of the jaw
- Useful tables presenting adverse drug reactions, drug-drug interactions and generic brands
- Drug management for:
- emergency situations
- special care conditions such as hypertension, pregnancy and substance abuse disorder
Additional features and benefits of this book:
- Sample prescriptions with dosage, frequency and route of administration
- Detailed, full-color drug monographs with black box warnings, caution – contraindications, potential adverse reactions, possible drug interactions and more
This purchase also includes the e-book, which can be viewed from any device with web-browsing capabilities. Access instructions are printed on the inside front cover.
CDT is a registered trademark of the American Dental Association.