The Coding and Payment Guide for Dental Services 2024 is your one-stop coding, reimbursement, and documentation resource developed exclusively for dental practices. This comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2024 and organized by specialty-specific CDT and CPT codes. Each code includes its official description and lay description, coding tip, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, RVUs and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Key features and benefits of this Optum360 dental coding guide:
- Procedure code icons – Quickly identify new, revised, add-on, and telemedicine procedure codes, making your coding process for procedures and E/M services quick and efficient.
- ICD-10-CM code icons – Icons identify male and female only codes, as well as age-related and laterality diagnosis codes.
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CDT and CPT full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, and commonly associated ICD-10-M diagnosis codes.
- Prevent claim denials and stay up-to-date with Medicare payer information. Review Medicare IOM references containing information linked to CDT, HCPCS Level II, and CPT codes tailored to dental services, to prepare cleaner claims before submission.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facility services are included.
- CCI edits. CCI edits for CDT, CPT and HCPCS procedure codes are included in a special section with quarterly updates available online at Optum’s Product Update / Support page.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustrations provide a better understanding of the anatomy related to dental procedures and services.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
CDT is a registered trademark of the American Dental Association.