The Coding and Payment Guide for Medical Oncology / Hematology Services is your one-stop coding, reimbursement, and documentation resource developed exclusively for oncology and hematology medical services. This comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2024 and organized by specialty-specific CPT codes. Each code includes its official description and lay description, coding tip, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Key features and benefits of this Optum360 oncology and hematology coding guide:
- Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services Guidelines – E/M codes are used every day in your practice. Now with CPT E/M Guidelines and our Optum Coding Tips, you have all the information you need to select the correct E/M code for the service provided.
- Procedure code icons – Quickly identify new, revised, add-on, and telemedicine procedure codes, making your coding process for procedures and E/M services quick and efficient.
- ICD-10-CM code icons – Icons identify male and female-only codes, as well as age-related and laterality diagnosis codes.
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided with the CPT code, including illustrations, lay descriptions, coding tips, clinical terms, Medicare edits, IOM references, and commonly associated ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with the total RVUs for non-facility and facility are included.
- Customized HCPCS Level II Section. HCPCS codes and a chemotherapy drug table are included for easy reference.
- CPT Assistant references. Identify that an article or discussion of the CPT code has been in the American Medical Association’s CPT Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
- Helpful illustrations. The detailed illustration section provides a better understanding of anatomy.
- ICD-10-CM Neoplasm Table. Provides an alphabetic listing directly from the 2024 ICD-10-CM table of malignant neoplasms.
- CCI edits by CPT and HCPCS procedure code. CPT and HCPCS procedure codes with their associated CCI edits are provided in a special section. Quarterly updates are available online at the Optumcoding.com Product Update page.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.