The Coding and Payment Guide for OMS 2023 is your one-stop coding, reimbursement, and documentation resource developed exclusively for OMS. Co-produced with the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), this comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2023 and organized by specialty-specific CDT and CPT codes. Each code includes its official description and lay description, coding tips, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Key features and benefits of this Optum360 OMS coding guide:
- Optum Edge — Co-produced with AAOMS. The only resource produced with the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- NEW – Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services Guidelines – E/M codes are used every day in your practice. Now with CPT E/M Guidelines and our Optum Coding Tips, you have all the information you need to select the correct E/M code for the service provided.
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CPT and CDT full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, clinical terms, Medicare edits and IOM references, CPT Assistant references, and commonly associated ICD-10-M diagnosis codes.
- Procedure code icons. Quickly identify new, revised, add-on, and telemedicine procedure codes, making your coding process for procedures and E/M services quick and efficient.
- ICD-10-CM code icons. Icons identify male and female only codes, as well as age-related and laterality diagnosis codes.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components for CPT codes and total RVUs for non-facility and facility are included.
- CPT Assistant references. Identify that an article or discussion of the CPT code has been in the American Medical Association’s CPT Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
- CCI edits by CPT, CDT and HCPCS procedure code. CPT, CDT and HCPCS procedure codes with their associated CCI edits are provided in a special section. Quarterly updates are available online at the Optum’s Product Update / Support page.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustrations provide a better understanding of the anatomy in your specialty.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
CDT is a registered trademark of the American Dental Association.