Formerly the Coding and Payment Guide for the Physical Therapist. This new and improved edition now includes additional content for Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine.
The Coding and Payment Guide for Physical Therapy / Rehabilitation / Physical Medicine 2024 is your one-stop coding, reimbursement, and documentation resource developed exclusively for physical therapy. This comprehensive and easy-to-use guide is updated for 2024 and organized by specialty-specific CPT codes. Each code includes its official description and lay description, coding tips, documentation and reimbursement tips, Medicare edits, and is cross-coded to common ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes to complete the coding process. Getting to the code information you need has never been so easy.
Key features and benefits of this Optum360 :
Exclusive new features added to this physical therapy coding guide:
- NEW – Evaluation and Management Services. Evaluation and Management codes commonly used in your specialty are now included with their official description and lay description, coding tip, Medicare edits, and relative value units.
- NEW – Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services Guidelines – E/M codes are used every day in your practice. Now with CPT E/M Guidelines and our Optum Coding Tips, you have all the information you need to select the correct E/M code for the service provided.
Additional features and benefits of Coding and Payment Guide for Physical Therapy / Rehabilitation / Physical Medicine 2024 include:
- Procedure code icons – Quickly identify new, revised, add-on, and telemedicine procedure codes, making your coding process for procedures quick and efficient.
- HCPCS Level II Chapter – HCPCS supply and procedure codes commonly used in Physical Therapy listed in alpha numeric order for easy access.
- ICD-10-CM code icons – Icons identify male and female only codes, as well as age-related and laterality diagnosis codes.
- Quickly find information. All the information you need is provided, including CPT full code descriptions, lay descriptions, coding tips, procedure code-specific documentation and reimbursement tips, clinical terms, Medicare edits and IOM references, CPT Assistant references, and commonly associated ICD-10-M diagnosis codes.
- CPT Assistant references. Identify that an article or discussion of the CPT code has been in the American Medical Association’s CPT Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
- Avoid claim denials and/or audits. Medicare payer information includes references from Internet Only Manual (IOM) guidelines, follow-up days, and modifier usage.
- Easily determine fees for your practice and reinforce consistency in the charges. Relative value units including the practice, work, and malpractice components with total RVUs for non-facility and facility for CPT codes are included.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed illustrations provide a better understanding of therapy services.
- CCI edits. CCI Edits for CPT and HCPCS procedure codes are included with quarterly updates available online at Optumcoding.com Product Update page.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.