The 2024 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Final Rule included a provision that has significant impact on coding.
The purpose of the provision is to reduce the administrative burden on physicians – an outcome that the American Medical Association (AMA) has worked with many leading health care organizations to achieve. CPT E/M Express Reference Tables Pocket Guide 2024 is quick reference guide that provides a side-by-side comparison of evaluation and management (E/M) codes. Easy to use, each table summarizes the requirements for reporting E/M services and helps the user select and validate proper E/M coding.
Key features and benefits of this E/M code quick reference guide:
- E/M 2024 code changes – new and/or revised guidelines and codes.
- 18 E/M tables summarizing the key components and contributory factors requirements for reporting E/M services. saves time by giving an overall look at reporting requirements of frequently used codes.
- Required key components such as history, examination, and complexity of medical decision making to help the selection of level of E/M services.
- Contributory factors such as the severity of presenting problem, counseling, and coordination of care during patient encounter are listed to help proper reporting and coding of these services when provided.
- The final component of time, such as bedside/unit/floor time are included as well to help in proper code selection.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.