New features just announced! Purchase of CPT Professional now includes the AMA’s latest publication, the CPT E/M Companion 2023, a $29.95 value. You can read the complete CPT E/M Companion 2023 description here.
CPT 2023 Professional Edition is the definitive AMA-authored resource to help healthcare professionals correctly report and bill medical procedures and services. Healthcare professionals want accurate reimbursement. Payers want efficient claims processing. Correct reporting and billing of medical procedures and services begins with CPT 2023 Professional Edition.
Put the official CPT code guidelines at your fingertips with additional resources:
- New Appendix Q — Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Vaccines — provide coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccines and their associated administration codes.
- New Appendix R — Digital Medicine Services Taxonomy — classifies CPT codes that are related to digital medicine services into discrete categories of clinician-to-patient services (e.g., visit), clinicianto-clinician services (e.g., consultation), patient-monitoring services, and digital diagnostic services.
- Comprehensive E/M code selection tables — aid physicians and coders in assigning the most appropriate evaluation and management codes.
Only the AMA, with the help of physicians and other experts in the healthcare community, creates and maintains the CPT code set. No other code book has the accurate, complete official guidelines for the latest and current procedural terminology for procedures and services to help you code medical services and procedures properly. The AMA also takes the copyright protection of its content very seriously and is committed to providing the most effective anti-piracy efforts for its authors and readers.
Get hundreds of code, guideline, and text changes for the year — including new COVID-19 CPT codes.
To help combat print piracy, protect our intellectual properties, and ensure our customers’ right to authentic AMA-certified content, the CPT 2023 Professional Code Book is equipped with nonintrusive light-yellow dots on almost every page of the code book. As a result of the implementation of this anti-piracy technology, this code book cannot be reproduced by photocopy or scan in accordance with current copyright rules and laws.
New features added to the 2023 edition of Current Procedural Terminology:
- Now includes CPT E/M Companion 2023, a definitive AMA-authored supplement reference guide to the Current Procedural Terminology CPT 2023 Professional Edition. It is designed to help users understand the changes to certain evaluation and management (E/M) services; how to report these new and revised or consolidated codes; and how to apply the revised and new guidelines effective Jan 1, 2023.
- Recognizing that racism is a threat to the advancement of health equity and a barrier to appropriate medical care, as well as the power of images in contributing and limiting what bodies physicians, medical professionals, and students learn to see and define as normal and standard, the CPT 2023 Professional Edition will feature 19 diversity-related illustrations to counter a deep-seated, culturally, and systemically biased norm. These 19 diversity-related images are but the first step in advancing inclusive and equitable representation of a diverse range of skin tones in our medical educational resources for everyone who uses our codebook in their daily work, practice, and education.
The CPT 2023 Professional Edition spiral code book features the following enhancements:
- CPT Changes, CPT Assistant, and Clinical Examples in Radiology citations — provides cross-referenced information in popular AMA resources that can enhance your understanding of the CPT code set
- A comprehensive index — aid in locating codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym or abbreviation to allow for a clearer, quicker search
- Anatomical and procedural illustrations — help improve coding accuracy and understanding of the anatomy and procedures discussed
- Coding tips throughout each section — improve understanding of the nuances of the code set
- Enhanced code book table of contents — enable a quick search of the code book’s content for quick access
- Section-specific table of contents — provide a useful tool to navigate effectively and quickly through each section’s codes
- Summary of additions, deletions and revisions — provide a summary and quick reference of the 2023 changes in the codes without having to compare editions
- Multiple appendices — offer additional information for modifiers, clinical examples, add-on codes, vascular families re-sequenced codes, and MAAAs and PLA services
- Color coded tabs to mark section openers and important pages
- Notes pages at the end of every code set section and subsection
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.