CPT 2024 Professional Edition is the definitive AMA-authored resource to help healthcare professionals correctly report and bill medical procedures and services. Healthcare professionals want accurate reimbursement. Payers want efficient claims processing. Correct reporting and billing of medical procedures and services begins with CPT 2024 Professional Edition.
Put the official CPT code guidelines at your fingertips with additional resources:
- Updated Appendix S — Artificial Intelligence Taxonomy (AI) for Medical Services and Procedures — provide guidance for classifying various AI applications of AI for medical services and procedures.
- Updated Appendix T — Synchronous Telemedicine Service Rendered Via Telephone or Other Real-Time Interactive Audio-Only Telecommunications System — list all audio-only telemedicine CPT codes.
- Comprehensive E/M code selection tables — aid physicians and coders in assigning the most appropriate evaluation and management codes.
Only the AMA, with the help of physicians and other experts in the healthcare community, creates and maintains the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) code set. No other code book has the accurate, complete official guidelines for the latest and current procedural terminology for procedures and services to help you code medical services and procedures properly.
To help combat print piracy, protect AMA intellectual properties, and ensure AMA customers’ right to authentic AMA-certified content, the CPT 2024 Professional Code Book is equipped with nonintrusive light-yellow dots on almost every page of the code book. As a result of the implementation of this anti-piracy technology, this code book cannot be reproduced by photocopy or scan in accordance with current copyright rules and laws.
Get hundreds of code, guideline, and text changes for the year — including new diversity-related illustrations.
Recognizing that racism is a threat to the advancement of health equity and a barrier to appropriate medical care, as well as the power of images in contributing and limiting what bodies physicians, medical professionals, and students learn to see and define as normal and standard, the CPT 2024 Professional Edition will feature diversity-related illustrations to counter a deep-seated, culturally, and systemically biased norm. These diversity-related images continue advancing inclusive and equitable representation of a diverse range of skin tones in AMA medical educational resources for everyone who uses AMA code book in their daily work, practice, and education.
The CPT 2024 Professional Edition spiral code book features the following enhancements:
- CPT Changes, CPT Assistant, and Clinical Examples in Radiology citations — provides cross-referenced information in popular AMA resources that can enhance your understanding of the CPT code set.
- A comprehensive index — aid in locating codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym or abbreviation to allow for a clearer, quicker search.
- Anatomical and procedural illustrations — help improve coding accuracy and understanding of the anatomy and procedures discussed.
- Coding tips throughout each section — improve understanding of the nuances of the code set.
- Enhanced code book table of contents — enable a quick search of the code book’s content for quick access.
- Section-specific table of contents — provide a useful tool to navigate effectively and quickly through each section’s codes.
- Complete list of the additions, deletions and revisions for codes and code descriptors — rovide a summary and
quick reference of the 2024 changes in the codes without having to compare editions.
- Multiple appendices — offer additional information for modifiers, clinical examples, add-on codes, vascular families re-sequenced codes, and MAAAs and PLA services, COVID-19 vaccines and administration codes, and digital medicine-
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 Vaccines — provide coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccines and their associated administration codes.
- Notes pages at the end of every code set section and subsection
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.