Fulfillment: An email address is required for electronic fulfillment of this product. Please allow at least 24 hours for download link to be emailed after purchase on business days.
The Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting for 2024 are included. This ebook contains the complete updated 2024 code set along with updated 2023 guidelines.
The ICD-10-CM Expert for Hospitals 2024 eBook, uses Optum360’s hallmark features and format, making the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier for acute care and long-term care hospitals (LTCH). This code book contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set, MCEs, and ICD-10 MS-DRG edits with symbols identifying codes for comorbidities/complications (CC) and major comorbidities/complications (MCC). Also identified are hospital acquired conditions (HAC) and CMS hierarchical condition categories (HCC).
Latest updates to Professional and Expert editions of 2024 ICD-10-CM for Hospitals:
- Optum Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, Medicare Code Edits (MCE), manifestation codes, unspecified site codes, unspecified codes, HCCs, and more.
- NEW — Optum Edge — Icons for April updates. Easily distinguish between April and October new and revised codes with green icons for April and black for October changes.
- NEW — Optum Edge — Expanded Table of Drugs and Chemicals. Expanded to include updated drugs and codes listed with associated intent with icon to easily identify the added drugs.
Key features and benefits of this ICD 10 ebook:
- Product Updates. April and other ICD-10-CM changes and updates, as well as updateable files for MCCs, CC Excludes PDx collection, and POA exempt codes will be made available online.
- Updated coding tips. Coding tips are reviewed and updated, and assist in appropriate code selection.
- Clinical definitions. Clinical definitions help provide a better understanding of complex ICD-10-CM diagnostic terms.
- List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2024 new, revised, and deleted codes to identify at a glance code changes for your specialty. Plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
- Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms.
- Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapter-specific coding examples.
- Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.
- Downloadable files. CMS updates received after this ICD-10-CM Expert goes to print, including MCCs, CC Excludes PDx collection, and POA exempt codes.
- Supplementary appendixes. Additional information provided for POA coding and reporting tutorial; code lists for CC, MCC and other valuable appendixes.
Additional enhancements found in Professional and Expert for Hospitals:
- Complete list of new revised and deleted codes
- Conversion table identifying new codes
- Coding Tips specific Hospital settings
- More definitions added for diagnostic terms
- New icon identifies complex and severe wounds for Medicare Long Term Care Hospital (LTCH)
What is the difference between the Expert and Professional editions?
- Expert Edition: Spiral bound and appendixes & a Point of Admission (POA) tutorial.
- Expert Edition: Downloadable file.
- The Professional edition does not include the above features.