The Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting for 2024 are bound into this book. This code book contains the complete updated 2024 code set along with updated guidelines.
The ICD-10-CM Professional for Physicians 2024, uses Optum360’s hallmark features and format, making the challenge of accurate diagnosis coding easier. Developed specifically to meet the needs of physicians, the Optum360 code book contains the complete ICD-10-CM code set, which is the cornerstone for establishing medical necessity, determining coverage, and ensuring appropriate reimbursement. Symbols in the tabular section identify codes associated with CMS quality payment program (QPP) measures and CMS hierarchical condition categories (HCC) used in risk adjustment (RA) coding.
Latest updates to Professional and Expert editions of 2024 ICD-10-CM for Physicians:
- NEW — Optum Edge — Intuitive features and format. Visual alerts, including color-coding and symbols that identify coding notes and instructions, additional character requirements, placeholder X, Medicare Code Edits (MCE), manifestation codes, QPP, HCCs, unspecified codes, and more.
- NEW — Optum Edge — Icons for April updates. Easily distinguish between April and October new and revised codes with green icons for April and black for October changes.
- NEW — Optum Edge — Expanded Table of Drugs and Chemicals. Expanded to include updated drugs and codes listed with associated intent with icon to easily identify the added drugs.
- NEW — Optum Edge — Icons identifying RxHCCs and ESRD HCCs. Quickly identify the RxHCC and ESRD/PACE ICD-10-CM codes used in risk adjustment coding by Medicare Advantage Plans.
- NEW — Optum Edge — Icons identifying HHS-HCCs. Easily identify the Department of Health and Human Services HHS-HCCs used by commercial insurance companies.
Key features and benefits of this ICD10 coding book:
- Product Updates. April and other ICD-10-CM changes and updates will be made available online.
- Updated coding tips. Coding tips are reviewed and updated, and assist in appropriate code selection.
- Clinical definitions. Clinical definitions have been added for a better understanding of complex ICD-10-CM diagnostic terms.
- List of code changes and conversion table. A list of all 2024 new, revised, and deleted codes. Plus an ICD-10-CM conversion table from the new and changed codes to the code previously used.
- Updated index with shaded guides. The updated Index to Diseases and Injuries includes vertical shaded guides that show the indent levels for subentries under main terms.
- Guidelines with coding examples. Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting including chapter-specific coding examples.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.
Additional enhancements found in Professional and Expert for Physicians:
- Complete list of new revised and deleted codes
- Conversion table identifying new codes
- Coding Tips specific physician and outpatient settings
- Introducing a new symbol in the tabular to identify diagnosis codes associated with QPP measures
- More definitions added for diagnostic terms
What is the difference between the Expert and Professional editions?
- Expert Edition: Spiral bound and appendixes which include: POA coding and reporting tutorial; pharmacology listings of common drugs with therapeutic classes and indications; and code lists for CC, MCC and PDx CC/MCC.
- Expert Edition: Downloadable files for CC Excludes PDx collection, POA exempt codes.
- The Professional edition does not include the above features.