Principles of CPT® Coding, ninth edition, is a best-selling resource that provides education on CPT® billing and guidelines. It offers valuable training on how to code correctly with CPT.
This revised textbook is designed to supplement the CPT® codebook. It provides an in-depth review of the CPT guidelines and serves as a guide for proper application of the CPT codes.
For the intermediate to advanced coding and health care professional, this resource follows the format of the CPT codebook.
Principles of CPT Coding provides essential CPT® coding education. It features:
- Expanded and revised chapter sections: Helps to better understand reporting practices with useful descriptions on new and existing codes and enhanced coding guidelines (e.g., Evaluation and Management (E/M), Surgery, Pathology/Laboratory, Radiology and Medicine)
- Updated chapter information: Guides you in the proper application of new and existing codes and applicable modifier usage
- Common procedures/services/tests: Describes inclusions and exclusions of frequently performed services
- New and revised tables and illustrations: Provide visual support to enhance understanding and coding accuracy
- New coding tips: Provide helpful hints to aid in accurate code selection
- New and revised chapter exercises: Questions and answers to test your knowledge and understanding of CPT concepts and guidelines
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.