Put the language of nursing, medicine, and the healthcare professions at your fingertips. In hand, online, or on your mobile device–anywhere and everywhere, Taber’s Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary 24th Edition is the all-in-one, go-to source in the classroom, clinical, and beyond.
Under the editorial direction of Donald Venes, MD, MSJ, a team of expert consulting editors and consultants representing nearly every health care profession ensures that the content reflects today’s most current and relevant information.
An access code inside new, print texts unlocks a FREE, 1-year subscription to Taber’s Online, powered by Unbound Medicine, the complete Taber’s database for quick reference when and where you need it.
Key features and benefits of this medical dictionary:
- Web, mobile, and print platforms–access must-have information in any setting.
- 75,000+ terms–put the language of health care at your fingertips in class, clinical, and practice.
- FREE, 1-year subscription to Taber’s Online, powered by Unbound Medicine–tap into all of the knowledge in Taber’s anytime, anywhere.
- Full-color illustrations–make often complex concepts easier to understand, including detailed illustrations of anatomy and physiology, and photographs of diseases and disorders that focus on their distinguishing features.
- Tools for clinical success–integrate must-have information where you need it.
- Patient Care Statements–Quick-reference summaries detail assessment, treatment, and patient teaching requirements.
- Caution/Safety Statements–An easy-to-find icon highlights information critical to safe patient care.
- Disease/Disorder Entries–Concise descriptions summarize diagnosis, signs and symptoms, etiology, treatments, and prognosis.
- 2020-21 NANDA-I.–The complete list of nursing diagnoses makes reference quick and easy.
- Resources online at FADavis.com–offer a wealth of learning resources and professional tools.
- Over 30,000 audio pronunciations–build speaking confidence.
- Appendices–put must-know, rarely memorized information at your fingertips, including normal reference laboratory values and prefixes, suffices, and combining forms, as well as abbreviations, symbols, and units of measurement, documentation system definitions, and translations of common healthcare terms and phrases in English, French, and Spanish.